8:00 am Registration Opens & Coffee Welcome
Progressing Early Discovery Through to Pre-Clinical: Emerging Research & Optimized Novel Viruses
9:00 am Outlining an iTANK Technology Platform & ELC-201 Promising Therapeutic Efficacy
- Di Yu Head of Translational Research, Elicera Therapeutics
- iTANK is a technology platform that allows us to arm oncolytic virus or CAR-T cells with a pluripotent immunomodulating factor, NAP
- Elicera’s drug candidate ELC-201 is an iTANK-engineered oncolytic virus further armed to express 4-1BBL
- ELC-201 exhibits promising therapeutic efficacy against pancreatic cancer in murine model, and induces bystander immune activation by altering the immunosuppressive tumor microenvironment
9:30 am Overview of CF33 Vaccinia Oncolytic Virus Platform
- Sharon Yavrom Executive Director, Clinical Science, IMUGENE
- Scientific review of the CF33 OV platform
- Clinical development overview of CF33, checkvacc (CF33-PDL1), and onCARlytic (CF33-CD19)
- Future development of the OV platform
10:00 am Controlling Oncolytic Virus Growth & Gene Expression With Small Molecules
- John Bell Senior Scientist, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
- Vaccinia virus has simple promoter structures and is amenable to modulation with transgenic genetic control elements
- Synthetic virology strategies can be used to design externally regulated virus promoters
- In mouse models, virus replication and/or transgene expression can be modulated using FDA approved small molecules
10:30 am Session Reserved for Agilent Technologies
11:00 am Morning Break & Speed Networking
Novel Combination Therapies to Maximize Anti-Cancer Effectiveness
12:00 pm A Landscape Analysis of Oncolytic Viruses
- Muna Abdullahi Researcher, Beacon Targeted Therapies
- An overview of the current preclinical and clinical landscape of oncolytic viruses
- Present trends and advancements within the field, including combination approaches within the clinic and modifications to improve the efficacy of the therapies
- Potential future directions of the OV space
12:30 pm Clinical Efficacy & Immune Activation Demonstrated By Oncolytic Adenovirus ONCOS-102 In Solid Tumors
- Erik Digman Wiklund Chief Executive Officer, Targovax
- Robust clinical activity of ONCOS-102 in combination with both anti-PD1 and chemotherapy has been observed in several solid tumor types
- ONCOS-102 drives broad and persisting immune responses in responding patients
- Extended dosing regimen drives stronger immune activation and increased systemic activity
1:00 pm CG0070 for Bladder Cancer
- James Burke Chief Medical Officer, CG Oncology
- The data on CG0070 for NMIBC as a single agent will be reviewed
- The data on CG0070 in combination with pembrolizumab for NMIBC will be reviewed
- The data on CG0070 plus nivolumab for MIBC will be reviewed
1:30 pm Oncolytic Virotherapy: Turning Anti-Viral Immunity to Anti-Cancer
- Jeff Lange Executive Vice President, Business Development, Virogin Biotech
- Reviewing requirements for a good oncolytic virus including, potent tumor specific lytic activity to release sufficient amount of tumor antigens, strong regulation on tumor microenvironment to convert an anti-viral immunity to anti-tumor
- Reviewing of the Virogin Biotech oncolytic virus pipeline which is more potent in causing tumor lysis while remaining highly tumor specific [Transcription and Translation Dual Regulation (TTDR)]
- Showcasing combining oncolytic virotherapy with other therapeutic modalities, especially various checkpoint inhibitors and immune cell therapies
2:00 pm Session Reserved for Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies
2:30 pm Lunch Break & Networking
Interactive Roundtable Discussions
OV Selection & Combination Therapy Considerations
Should we be selecting an appropriate type of OV depending on the specific combination strategy for each patient?
This roundtable will aim to discuss what combinations might be more effective with genetically simple and pro-inflammatory viruses, and conversely more complex and slower-replicating viruses.
Cheif Medical Officer, Oncorus
Senior Medical Scientist, Solid Tumor Oncology, Amgen
Conventional Cancer Treatments to Enhance Anti-Tumour Immune Activation
Are radiotherapy and chemotherapy viable options to combine with OV?
This roundtable will aim to discuss how the OV-combined tumor immunotherapy can be
enhanced according to the tumor location and individual patient progress.
Principal Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology, Boehringer Ingelhiem
Expanding Our Knowledge of OV-specific Biomarkers
Can OV-combined immunotherapy be better controlled and improved?
With biomarkers such as MSI, TMB, and PD-L1 being used successfully to predict and monitor PD-1 blockade therapy, this roundtable will aim to discuss how these biomarkers can be evaluated and how best we can pursue other novel OV-specific biomarkers to improve OV-combined immunotherapy.
Chief Scientific Officer, Candel Therapeutics
4:15 pm Afternoon Break & The Oncolytic Virotherapy Innovation Showcase
Back for its second year, the Oncolytic Virotherapy Summit’s Innovation is back! With an ever increasing number of OV biotech’s and start-ups filing for IPO and looking to form licensing agreements or collaborations with larger institutions, the 7th Oncolytic Virotherapy Summit will once again host an innovation showcase aiming to demonstrate some of the latest innovations from the field, where 10 emerging oncolytic virus start-ups and emerging companies with an active drug-discovery pipeline will pitch and present their company to the entire audience, demonstrating the opportunity they can bring to market.
The 10 finalists will be hand-picked by our prestigious selection committee, and on the day of the event the committee will select one company to receive the Oncolytic Virotherapy Summit’s Innovation Award.
|To Apply For The Innovation Showcase, Submit Your Application Here|
Translational Insights & Biomarker Analysis in Clinical Trials
4:45 pm The Codon-Modified Virotherapeutic Codalytic™ Modulates The Tumor Microenvironment In Models With Different Immune Contextures
- Johanna Kaufmann Executive Vice President, Oncology, Codagenix Inc.
- Overview of Codagenix’s codon-modification platform and the design of CodaLytic
- Changes in the tumor microenvironment induced by CodaLytic, alone or in combination with checkpoint inhibitors, in murine models and a human tumor explant system
- Connection to efficacy outcomes, incl. tumor growth, survival and cytotoxicity
5:15 pm VET3-TGI, An Oncolytic Vaccinia Targeting TGF-Beta
- Steve Thorne Chief Scientific Officer, Kalivir Immunotheraputics
- TGF-beta inhibition is a potentially powerful approach to cancer therapy
- Oncolytic viral expression of a TGF-beta inhibitor overcomes many of the limitations of existing therapies
- Development of a multi-mechanistic oncolytic virus incorporating a TGF-beta inhibitor results in a potent pre-clinical cancer therapy